Just in case you are wondering, MTN also offers double data bonus.
MTN which is regarded as the largest mobile network in Nigeria offers its customers a unique opportunity to get a double data bonus on data subscription plans.
This double data bonus is not known to a lot of people. But thankfully, you will get to know all you need to know about it here. Truth be said, this is more like an incentive to get new customers, but who cares.
As long as I can enjoy it and you can enjoy it, it doesn’t matter why it was introduced. Considering the fact that MTN has the largest network coverage in Nigeria, you will argue that this data bonus will be appreciated more than similar bonus offered by other network providers.
The good news is that this is not a cheap and would not require you to do any tweaking or whatever it is people do. To learn how to activate this data bonus, continue reading.
Summary on MTN 100% Data Bonus
|MTN data Plans||Price (₦)||How to Subscribe||Validity|
How to Subscribe MTN Double Data on New SIM?
Activating or subscribing to the MTN double data plan or MTN Deal Zone on new MTN SIM is actually very easy and straight forward.
You will first need to purchase a new MTN SIM, and make sure it is registered.
Next, you will be required to insert your new MTN SIM into a mobile phone. Within minutes of inserting your new SIM into a mobile phone, you will receive a message telling you that you are eligible to enjoy MTN double data.
Once you receive the confirmation message, you can now dial *131# to purchase any data bundle of your choice.
That’s it you are now enjoying MTN double data bonus. However, there are situation where you wouldn’t receive the confirmation message after inserting your new MTN SIM into a mobile. In such case, you may be required to perform some series of action to enjoy the MTN double data bonus. Keep reading to find out the action required.
In the event that you inserted your new MTN SIM into a mobile device and you didn’t get the confirmation message, do the following:
- Open your message app on your phone
- Type ‘PROMO’ as the body of your text message and send to 131
- You will get a message which looks like “Thank you for subscribing for data bundle… Press 1 to Accept or 2 to Reject”
- Press 1 and accept. You will then receive a confirmation message
- You can now dial *131# to subscribe to any MTN data bundle of your choice.
The above step should be followed by new MTN customers. For old or existing customers, it is slightly different but will produce the same result.
How to Subscribe to MTN Deal Zone for Old and Existing Customers?
Like I said earlier, this MTN double data bonus can be enjoyed by both new and old MTN customers once you subscribe to MTN Deal Zone. So, if you are an existing customer, you have nothing to worry about, just follow the following steps.
- Go to your mobile phone message app
- Type ‘DOUBLE’ as the body of your message and send to 131.
- You will get a message which reads, “Y’ello! Your request has been received and is being processed. You will receive a response shortly. Please don’t resend your request. Thank you!“. In some cases, you may receive “Sorry, The Command you have entered is incorrect”. Whichever message you receive, just proceed to the next stage.
- After getting any of the message described above, send ‘PROMO’ as a reply to the above received message. In other words, send, ‘PROMO, to 131 after getting the first reply.
- Again You will get a message which reads, “Y’ello! Your request has been received and is being processed. You will receive a response shortly. Please don’t resend your request. Thank you!“. In some cases, you may receive “Sorry, The Command you have entered is incorrect”. Whichever message you receive, just proceed to the next stage.
- Now send ‘FREE’ to 131 after receiving the last message.
- You will receive a confirmation message which reads, “Dear Customer, Enjoy data offers on MTN Deal zone, Dial *131*1#“.
So that is it, you can now enjoy MTN double data bonus on your SIM.
How to check your MTN Deal Zone data balance?
It is always good you know how to check your data balance, that way you can know when you need to top up your data.
And, avoid your data finishing while you are performing some important activities online. To check your MTN data balance, simply dial, *131*4# or send 2 to 131 as a text message. Your data balance would be sent to you.
Have you tried the above actions? Did it work for you?
We will like to hear from you, particularly the existing customers, if this sequence of actions worked for you. Leave a comment below and tell us about your experience.
We also encourage you to share this article with family and friends if you found it helpful.