You can gift friends or family members Glo data because you can now share data on Glo and they will be really appreciative, do you want to know why? Data is life.
We just love surfing the net, be it social media platforms like whatsapp, facebook, instagram, snapchat and we love asking questions whether sensible or ridiculous questions on Google. To tell you the truth there are a lot of things we do on the internet.
So how do you surf the internet when you do not have a data plan or MB? Before now most persons will buy MB or a data plan, and some do not even have money to buy card for data subscription.
There is good news for individuals in the latter category as Globacom in Nigeria has introduced Glo data sharing and Glo data gifting for their various customers. Learn the tricks of recharge card selling business in Nigeria.
What is the Glo data share initiative?
Glo Nigeria has made it possible for their esteemed customers to share Glo data with their family and friends.
This Glo data sharing initiative is one of a kind, as users can buy data and share it to more than one Glo line to a maximum of 5 Glo lines. Anyone you share data with will get notification immediately and be able to access the net.
Just like Glo data share, Other telecommunication networks in Nigeria have theirs also like 9mobile data share, MTN data share and Airtel data share which also allows their subscribers share data.
But I will be writing on gift and data sharing on Glo. Sharing or gifting data bundle on Glo can be done either by using the automatic tool provided by the HSI portals or by using the USSD code.
Before gifting or sharing Glo data, you have to know what plan your friend, relative or loved ones uses. There is a wide variety of plans and each one of them has a unique USSD code which will be used to transfer data.
First you have to be subscribed to a Glo data plan that has Glo sharing or Glo gifting service. If you have a data plan that works for you, you can share it with your family instead of buying different data plans for each phone number.
- Share data on Airtel Nigeria
- Borrow credit or Airtime on MTN Nigeria
- Share data on 9mobile
- Borrow MTN data
- Borrow credit or Airtime on 9mobile
How to know if someone is sharing your Glo data
Sharing data is an act of love, but it is painful to know that someone can take your phone and add themselves without your consent. But do not worry much because with Glo data sharing and gifting you can monitor your data balance, track usage and you can even check if someone is sharing your Glo data.
To know who is sharing your data just dial *127*00# or send list to 127 from your Glo number and the list would be displayed to you. So you will know if anyone has added themselves without your content.
USSD Code to remove Glo data share subscribers
Guess what! You can remove any one you do not wish to continue sharing your Glo data with. To remove people from the Global share follow the steps below:
- To remove people from your global share, simply dial this code *127*02*the persons No.#
- Or you can send remove (friends number) to 127
USSD Code to share data on Glo
Another amazing thing about this sharing technique is that you do not have to be at close distance to share your data. What this simply means is that you can share you data with someone that is a thousand miles away.
You can share you data subscription with friends and family by dialing *127*01*(friends no)# or send share (friend number) to 127. I will outline the different methods of sharing data on Glo, how to view list, how to remove a number from the list and more.
Various ways to gift or share Glo data
Sharing Glo data by using HIS portals
In other to share Glo data using the receiver’s portal, this are the steps to take;
- Configure your modem or phone to use the following APN settings: APN-Gloflat, Username-flat, Password-flat
- Connect to the internet and visit http://hsi.glo.com with any of your favorite browsers
- Subscribe to a Glo data plan higher than Always min from the HIS portal page; note this step should only be carried out if you do not have any active Glo data plan.
- Your Glo SIM card number and current active data subscription will be automatically detected with a “share” or “renew” prompt.
- Click on the share button and enter the Glo number you intend sharing the data with in the box provided.
- Then click “yes” to confirm
Sharing Glo data by using USSD code
You can also use the USSD code of the receiver; this method is very similar to that of MTN, 9mobile and Airtel. All you need to do is dial the following USSD code shown below.
- First and foremost, buy a Glo SIM, register and activate it
- Then subscribe to an active data plan.
- Next you need to add the mobile number of the person you intend sharing Glo data with by dialing *127*01*(the Glo number)#`
USSD Code to check your global data share list and data balance
- To check the list of number of persons you have shared your data with, simply dial *127*00#
- To check data bundle balance via USSD dial *127*0#
- To delete a person from your data sharing list, dial *127*02*(the Glo number)#
SMS shortcodes to share Glo data
You can also share Glo data by sending short codes which is very easy and stress free, find below the codes to send via SMS;
- To add a person of your choice to your Glo data share, send “Share (the Glo number) as an SMS to 127”.
- To remove a number from your Glo data share list simply send “Remove (the Glo number) as an SMS to 127”.
- To check Glo data bundle balance via SMS sends “info as a text message to 127”.
How to gift Glo data subscription
Gifting Glo data does more than simply sharing because you can send a complete Glo subscription or bundle plan to a Glo subscriber by using the following.
- To gift a subscription, simply dial *127*(USSD plan number)*(friend’s number)#
- Or you can send “Gift (plan name)(friends number) as an SMS to127”.
Many people have different reasons for sharing data, it might be that they have multiple phones and do not want to buy data on their other SIM, while some just love the idea of sharing data with their family and friends. Whatever the reason may be, Glo got you covered as data sharing on Glo is easy and very effective.